with Brad Fitzpatrick and Andrew Gerrand
- hah, never even thought of connecting an external keyboard for pair programming
- the source
of what they built (and I guess I wrote this too):
- nice examples of os/exec
- I later used cmd.Run() rather than cmd.Start() to make execution wait until the cmd finished
- this of course is nicely explained in the docs, the lesson being that I should've read those more carefully
before my other trial-and-error attempts
- kind of comforting that their hacked proto is just that..hacky and undocumented and hand-tested
- the whole architecture is kind of cool too: there are two "worlds" and only one of them is presented at any given time.
If golang's master changes, the second (still-hidden) world is rebuilt with those docs' changes. when this build is done,
we switch to showing this new world and destroy the old one.
- it's also a nice demo of mutexes
- and there used to be some content on the flag package, but no more